Some of us have been users of Twitter since they started. I’ve gathered few best practices you need to follow on Twitter. I hope you will enjoy reading it :)
Remember : The Most important thing about Twitter is being Social. It is NOT about Broadcasting or advertising. It's all about interacting and making relationship with each other.First you need to know Twitter Limits :
- Follower Limit : 5000 plus upto 10% more than you follow
- Following (Daily) : 1000
- Direct Messages : 1,000 messages sent per day upto 10,000 Character.
- Tweets Per day : 2,400 per day. The daily update limit is further broken down into smaller limits for semi-hourly intervals. Retweets are counted as Tweets.
- Changes to account email: Four per hour.
Listed below are some Twitter best Practice :
1. Say NO to Just a link with no text. No one is going to click on that :
3. Tweets with image links get 2x the engagement rate of those without :
4. Don’t use too many hastags :
Using more than two hashtags in a tweet will decrease your retweet rate. Tweets overloaded with hashtags look messy, are hard to read. Quite often tweets without hashtags perform better. When you use more than two hashtags, your engagement actually drops by an average of 17 percent.
5. Know your Twitter Analytics Dashboard :
Twitter rolled out analytics to all users in 2014. It help you to understand your retweet, impression rates. Visit often while logged in to your Twitter account. If you are noticing a pattern in the types of tweets that receive a lot of engagement, then post more of them.
Click here for Analytics Dashboard : https://analytics.twitter.com
6. Follow 60-30-10 rule : Your tweet should have
- 60% retweets and pointers to promote items from other users / sites
- 30% conversation and responses (use hastags wisely)
- 10% of the time you can promote yourself / your blogs
7. Always use Twitter Lists :
Lists allow you to group users on Twitter. When you group together, it will be easier for you to listen to specific groups of information. Click here to create a Twitter List: https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460
8. Schedule your Tweet :
For better Twitter engagement, you can schedule your Tweet and it can also act as a huge time saver. These tools can be used at free of cost :
9. Don't send Auto DMs:
Never send automated DMs and it is considered as SPAM. Auto-messages aren't engaging and you aren't reaching out personally for relationship building. Twitter is all about relationship building.
Here is how you can be awesome on Twitter
I would happy to connect with you on Twitter : @sathish_ganesh
Thank you for Reading !!